Sunday, July 19, 2009

Its Near

I haven't blogged in a while, and while sitting here waiting for tomorrow the day I'll be able to pick Jessica up and have a sleep over,
I started remembering the trip to Chicago.

It was insanely fun. And in that one little weekend, I realized that I was completely happy with life and the way things were going.
It seemed like it didn't matter where I was, or where I was going.
Because I was with them.
Them.
The people who always seem to keep me sane,
while at the same time letting me go wild.

So many memories come to mind from that trip.
Even if everything didn't go perfectly,
in fact there were quite a few flaws in the trip itself.
But nevertheless I had a new expierence, and a new chapter in my life
that I'll be able to revisit through memory and sense.

But after that happy little thought, I began thinking in a whole new direction.

August 16th 2009.

The day that I'm honestly not ready for.
The day that 3 of my bestfriends are leaving me.

It's not like they'll be gone forever, right?
They'll still be in touch. I mean, we have phones and text messages and twitter and all kinds of communication.
But no matter how much I reassure myself, I realize it'll never be the same.
No longer will I be able to call them up and ask to spend the day by the lake.
Or go see a movie and laugh at the pointless parts.
I won't be able to chase them around and laugh when they fall over themselves.

It'll be different.
It's like I'm losing a friend.
But I'm not.
Just because we'll say goodbye and we'll be apart, doesn't mean we'll forget about all the times we've had.
It might be difficult to keep things together, I know.
Long distances bring out the true colors in a friendship I've noticed.
And I know we're the color of the rainbow.

I don't know how I'll actually react when the day comes, though.
It makes me sad that they're leaving,
but happy that they're moving forward with their lives.

It seemed like yesterday we just became friends.
It seems like we just met and we have so many more things to do together, and no matter how much time we still have, it'll never be enough.

So in this blog, if you ever see it.
Cassie, Jessica, Jacob and of course. Mrs. Briere.
I love you guys.
You've taught me alot in the amount of time I've known you all,
weather you know it or not.
You'll always be my friends, no matter which ways we go in life.

8/16/09; a day to be dreaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment